Sojournstar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sojournstar ~ A Traveler in Time and Space!

PortalHomeRegisterLog in
~Side Menu~
Space Portal
Main Deck
Featured Gifts
Digital Resources
Color My Agenda
Noir Designs
Angels Wing Vintage
My Zazzle Stores
Cafe Press Shops
Daily Life Agenda
Pagan Knot
Green Content PLR
Share This Page

Click the Share Icon
In The Beginning Addthi10 on the toolbar below to share this page anywhere!

Follow Me

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

In The Beginning

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sojournstar
Owner
Owner
Sojournstar

Website Started : 2013-08-04

In The Beginning Empty
PostSubject: In The Beginning   In The Beginning EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 3:58 pm

Note: This post and thread will be an ongoing continuation, until I am done with this part of my story. Thank you for reading, and be sure to check back for new inserts.

I spent the greater part of my childhood, and teen years going from place to place. My Mother was Italian, and My father was British and Sicilian, and a Merchant Marine, who traveled most of his life, until I was a young teen. I spent my childhood moving from school to school, and place to place. I was actually born in Long Island New York, but raised in many locations.

My mother was an entertainer, and believe it or not, and opera singer. She had a full career until her first husband broke her nose, and she ended up with a steel plate to reconstruct the bone. She always encouraged me with music. For that I will always thank her!

As a child I studied piano, and did the typical recitals many do when they start that young. I found I could pick up quite a bit by ear, and began rebelling against the standard practice piano books. Somehow bug in a rug type of shit just didnt cut it, when I found out I could play Exodus by ear.

I started singing fairly early too. I was extremely encouraged at a young age, by a teacher, I guess it would have been equivelent to the 2nd grade. The music teacher at that time, only came to class once or twice a week, and would get the whole class singing. One day she started looking around the room as if someone was breaking a rule, then began walking towards the class, and came right for me. Even at around age 8, I had a pretty strong voice. She picked me out, asked me to sing by myself, told the class THIS is what she was wanting the whole class to sing like. In any case, I was like WOW!! and I never forgot it.

I also took ballet and tap dancing classes from about age 5 to 8, and loved it, but I think I really loved music more. I played in my first band at 12, too bad that band never made it out of the garage, except for one party for a school friend LMAO!! I played keyboards, or at least we practised and I played keyboards, and it was fun as heck regardless of barely making it out of the garage haha!!

to be cont~~~~~~~~
Back to top Go down
http://sojournstar.com

In The Beginning
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sojournstar :: Welcome To My World :: ~About Sojournstar~ :: The Early Years-
Jump to: