Sojournstar ~ A Traveler in Time and Space!

PortalHomeFAQRegisterLog in
~Side Menu~
Space Portal
Main Deck
Featured Gifts
Digital Resources
Vintage Collectibles
Noir Design Boutique
Sojournstar Blog
Digi Scrap Cafe
My Zazzle Stores
Cafe Press Shops
MusicRVA Network
Tardis Chasers
Fashion Vixens
Graphica Arts
Noir Studio Designs
Graphic Editor
Share This Page

Click the Share Icon
on the toolbar below to share this page anywhere!

Live Support
Facebook Follow Me

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Share | 

IT'S BIGGER ON THE INSIDE!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sojournstar
Owner
Owner

Website Started : 2013-08-04

PostSubject: IT'S BIGGER ON THE INSIDE!   Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:32 pm

I know it has not been a whole day yet, but this link is just too cool to pass up!!

Google Maps Has An Incredible Doctor Who Easter Egg

Hey, you know how it is. One minute you're walking down a London street, minding your own business, when you accidentally step into a police call box and all of a sudden you're inside the TARDIS and the Doctor has enlisted your help fighting aliens. I hate when that happens. 

At least, that's what is implied in this incredible Google Streetview easter egg. Click this link to the map of Earl's Court Road, then click the double-white arrows directly in front of the call box. Immediately you're transported inside the Doctor's famous time machine, complete with a detailed 360 degree view of its interior and various controls. 

Tucked away in a single streetview image of what appears to be a mere police box, a newly discovered Google Maps easter egg lets you go inside the TARDIS.

(If you don’t know what the TARDIS is, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TARDIS

How to do it:

Click this link TARDIS EASTER EGG

Move your mouse around a bit. The standard Google Maps directional arrows should pop up, with one little addition: a pair of double arrows. Click those. (Note: If you’re enrolled in the new Google Maps UI beta, the arrows might not appear. Instead, hit the up arrow on your keyboard. If it’s still not working for you, see the note at the bottom of this post.)
Bam! You should now be in the TARDIS’ bigger-on-the-inside (smaller-on-the-outside) interior.

(Note: Word is that this easter egg doesn’t always work in the new Google Maps interface, which many of you have likely opted into by now. No problem — just open the link in Chrome’s incognito mode [or whatever your browser's private browsing mode might be called] and you should be back at the old Google Maps interface without requiring you to tweak any settings or log out of Google.)

TARDIS EASTER EGG
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sojournstar.com

IT'S BIGGER ON THE INSIDE!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sojournstar :: Welcome To My World :: ~A Travelers Journals~ :: Cool Link of the Day-
Jump to: